Make SIMUL8 a team sport!
With SIMUL8 Team your licenses can be made available across your entire network to keep your team connected.
Equip your team with the skills needed to make your projects a success with customized on-site or remote training for 6 people.
SIMUL8 Team is the most cost effective way to have multiple SIMUL8 users. Contact a simulation advisor to discuss your needs.
How Does It Work?
SIMUL8 Professional can be installed on any number of PCs that can access the SIMUL8 server licensing controller (installed on the corporation's LAN). When a user starts SIMUL8 on one of these PCs it asks the server for permission to run. The server looks at the total number of SIMUL8 licenses running. If this is less than the number of licenses owned then the user's PC starts SIMUL8. If not, then the user is given a polite message about waiting until later because too few licenses are available.
For users who need to make use of a laptop away from the network there is a process for "logging out" from the server so that the user can make use of one of the licenses while disconnected and traveling.
SIMUL8 Network Features
- Minimum purchase of 3 licenses
- Available only with SIMUL8 Professional.
- The main benefit of network licensing over single user licensing is the ability to install the software on more than one PC.
- You are provided with the functionality to install SIMUL8 on every PC at your site
- FlexLM/FlexNet and RLM technology available. Contact us for pricing
- SIMUL8 can be accessed from anywhere on your corporation's LAN where the client software has been installed (can be installed on any LAN networked PCs)
- The number of licenses purchased (minimum 3) is the 'MaxUsers' - this is the maximum number that can use the software at any time
- SIMUL8 Network automatically monitors itself to ensure compliance to MaxUsers limit
- Additional licenses can be added individually
- Currently owned single users licenses can be added at the time of purchase of the minimum 3 for just 20% of the price of a single user license (do not count toward the minimum)
Wide Area Network options
SIMUL8 can also be installed onto your Wide Area Network. Using FlexLM Technology you can install SIMUL8 across your global network and access the software from any location in the world. This provides you with all the features above, but gives you even more flexibility, allowing you to install the software on multiple PC's, in multiple sites, wherever it's required.
If you would like more info on our Wide Area Network options then contact us on 800 879 8440
System Requirements SIMUL8 Network
SIMUL8 Network System Requirements for the client (end user) computer are as the main SIMUL8 System Requirements.
In addition the SIMUL8 Network requires file server facilities as follows:
- File share on a network accessible drive
- Read access for client users to a specific folder installed into the file share
- Write access for client users to a specific sub-folder of the above folder
- 200 MB of available space on the file server before install starts (most of this is to help the client install process and can be deleted after the clients are set up)
- Very minimal bandwidth (only a few bytes when each SIMUL8 opens and closes)
The above do not require any specific server operating system. Any operating system that can serve files is sufficient. There is no minimum speed requirement.