Full Monte is a high performance cost and schedule risk analysis add-in for Microsoft Project 2007 (and above) that uses Monte Carlo simulation to estimate the probability of completing your project, or achieving important milestones, on time and on budget, enabling you to re-organize your schedule as necessary to maximize this probability. Full Monte is affordable, fast, and easy to use.
- Support for normal, lognormal, beta, triangular, and uniform distributions.
- Probabilistic and conditional branching
- Unlimited correlations between task durations
- Fast and comprehensive sensitivity analysis, including "tornado" chart
- Distributions can be specified with optimistic and pessimistic values.
- Customizable s-curve/histogram.
- Bar charts produced for duration, numeric, and cost fields.
- Calculation of expected value and standard deviation of early and late start, early and late finish, free and total slack, and cost for each task.
- Histograms and s-curves of early and late start, early and late finish, free and total slack, and cost for each task.
- Calculation of active percentage (for branching), critical percentage, sensitivity index, and project finish dates based upon optimistic and pessimistic durations (sensitivity analysis) for each task.
- Calculation of delay due to merge bias at each merge point.
- Data in tabular reports can be exported to CSV format (suitable to import into Excel).
- Customizable reports can include Full Monte and Project fields.
- User-configurable mapping of data to MSP fields to allow coexistence with other add-Ins.
- Easy to use (no VBA or similar programming required for any of these features).
- Fast (3,614 task network, 1,000 simulations, about 30 seconds on a fast laptop).
- Utility to migrate data from Deltek Risk+.
- Compatible with all Windows® Operating Systems.
All this plus flexible user-definable reports including barcharts, and access to percentiles as well as expected values and standard deviations of cost, duration, early and late dates, free and total float for every task. Histograms and S-curves of all of this data are available at the touch of a button once a simulation has been performed.
Sensitivity analysis pinpoints those tasks or outside influences which most critically affect the finish date and cost of the project, or part of the project. Full Monte’s sophisticated sensitivity analysis tools produce a short-list of the most likely candidates during the risk analysis, in the form of a tornado chart. From this you are a mouse-click away from a more thorough analysis for any task, which among other things can tell you the influence of that task on any percentile (e.g. “P-80”) of the project finish date or cost.
Full Monte’s uniquely simple implementation of correlations through “correlation sources” allows multiple tasks to be correlated due to one or more outside influences, while precisely maintaining their specified distributions. Furthermore, it requires no extra data other than the name of the source.
This is more powerful than specifying correlations directly between task durations, and contrasts with the much more complicated idea of multiplicative “drivers,” which require additional data entry