Straightforward ODBC Connectivity
- Access SAP NetWeaver data through widely available tools - standard ODBC interface offering the greatest accessibility from applications and developer technologies.
- Advanced wire-protocol SSL security for remote connectivity
- Faster application deployment and configuration
- 32-bit and 64-bit support
BI, ETL, & Reporting Tool Integration
ODBC is the most widely supported interface for connecting applications with data. All kinds of BI, Reporting, ETL, Database, and Analytics tools offer the ability to read and write data via ODBC connectivity.
Build Apps That Connect To SAP NetWeaver
As the most widely used interface to relational data, ODBC interfaces are accessible from every major development technology, including PHP, Python, Delphi, Visual Basic, Labview, PowerBuilder, FoxPro, FileMaker Pro, and more.
Developers can use SAP ODBC Driver to rapidly build Web, Desktop, and Mobile applications that interact with live SAP NetWeaver data!
Connect Office Tools with SAP NetWeaver
Any application that can access data through ODBC, like Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot, or Word, can leverage our ODBC Drivers to connect to real-time data.
Through the SAP ODBC Driver applications like Microsoft Word allow users to directly access live SAP NetWeaver data with powerful capabilities like 'Mail Merge', eliminating the need for complicated import/export procedures.
- Standards-Compliant ODBC: ODBC 3.8 compliant native protocol based drivers.
- Unicode, 32-bit and 64-bit support: Support 32-bit and 64-bit applications and unicode ODBC APIs.
- Certified Compatibility*: Our drivers undergo extensive testing and are certified to be compatible with leading analytics and reporting applications like Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and many more.
* Please visit our knowledge base to access how-to articles.
- ODBC Remoting: Our exclusive remoting feature allows hosting the ODBC connection on a server to enable connections from various clients on any platform (Java, .NET, C++, PHP, Python, etc.), using any standards based technology (ODBC, JDBC, etc.). ODBC Remoting is enabled using the popular MySQL wire protocol server.
- Replication and Caching: Our replication and caching commands make it easy to copy data to local and cloud data stores such as Oracle, SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL, etc. The replication commands include many features that allow for intelligent incremental updates to cached data.
- String, Date, Numeric SQL Functions: The driver includes a library of 50 plus functions that can manipulate column values into the desired result. Popular examples include Regex, JSON, and XML processing functions.
- Collaborative Query Processing: Our drivers enhance the data source's capabilities by additional client-side processing, when needed, to enable analytic summaries of data such as SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc.
- Easily Customizable and Configurable: The data model exposed by our ODBC Drivers can easily be customized to add or remove tables/columns, change data types, etc. without requiring a new build. These customizations are supported at runtime using human-readable schema files that are easy to edit.
- Secure Connectivity: Includes standard Enterprise-class security features such as TLS/ SSL data encryption for all client-server communications.
MySQL/SQL Database entry points for SAP NetWeaver Data
The CData ODBC drivers include powerful fully-integrated remoting capabilities that makes SAP NetWeaver data accessible from virtually anywhere. The drivers include the optional ability to accept incoming SQL and MySQL client connections and service standard database requests.
With the CData ODBC drivers, users can interact with SAP NetWeaver data from any client that supports SQL Server or MySQL: from web & mobile applications, to CRM and CMS systems, BI tools like SQL Server Analysis Services, and even through popular management applications like MySQL Workbench.
- Access SAP NetWeaver data from virtually any application that can access external data. Applications that can access SQL Server or MySQL data can now connect to SAP NetWeaver with this driver.
- Connect SAP NetWeaver data with popular BI tools like SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Enable enterprise SAP NetWeaver data integration through SQL Linked Server connectivity
- Includes support for the MySQL and SQL (TDS) remote access protocols - industry standards for remote database connectivity.
- Offers advanced wire-protocol SSL security for remote connectivity
Connect to SAP NetWeaver Data from Code
The SAP Driver offers a standard SQL Server or MySQL interface to data, with read/write (CRUD) support. This powerful remoting features makes it easy to connect your applications with SAP NetWeaver data regardless of your solution architecture.
Use one of the standard client libraries for accessing SQL/MySQL from .NET, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, Objective-C, etc. to start your integration with SAP.
ODBC Driver Performance
With traditional approaches to remote access, performance bottlenecks can spell disaster for applications. Regardless if an application is created for internal use, a commercial project, web, or mobile application, slow performance can rapidly lead to project failure. Accessing data from any remote source has the potential to create these problems. Common issues include:
- Network Connections - Slow network connections and latency issues are common in mobile applications.
- Service Delays - Delays due to service interruptions, resulting in server hardware or software updates.
- Large Data - Intentional or unintentional requests for large amounts of data.
- Disconnects - Complete loss of network connectivity.
The CData ODBC Driver for SAP solves these issues by supporting powerful smart caching technology that can greatly improve the performance and dramatically reduce application bottlenecks.
Smart caching is a configurable option that works by storing queried data into a local database. Enabling smart caching creates a persistent local cache database that contains a replica of data retrieved from the remote source. The cache database is small, lightweight, blazing-fast, and it can be shared by multiple connections as persistent storage.
Caching with our ODBC Drivers is highly configurable, including options for:
- Auto Cache - Maintain an automatic local cache of data on all requests. The provider will automatically load data into the cache database each time you execute a SELECT query. Each row returned by the query will be inserted or updated as necessary into the corresponding table in the cache database.
- Explicit Cache - Cache only on demand. Developers decide exactly what data gets stored in the cache and when it is updated. Explicit caching provides full control over the cache contents by using explicit execution of CACHE statements.
- No Cache - All requests access only live data and no local cache file is created.
This powerful caching functionality increases application performance and allows applications to disconnect and continue limited functioning without writing code for additional local storage and/or data serialization/deserialization.
More information about ODBC Driver caching and best caching practices is available in the included help files.